First they came for the people on Myspace: a moving poem

First they came for the people on Myspace
And I did not speak out, because I was not on Myspace

Not many people were, TBH

Then they came for the people on Facebook
And I did not speak out, because I was not on Facebook

Because I'm not twelve


Then they came for the people on Pinterest
And I did not speak out, because I can only look at so many pictures of pancakes, dogs and sunsets


Then they came for the people on Twitter
And I was on Twitter.

But people speaking out was not a problem there, let me assure you.

Oh no.


Comments

  1. Interesting poem, i also enjoy the ironic 'like' facebook button at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To paraphrase the inestimable Nigel Blackwell

    First they came for the Myspace uses, but I wasn't a Myspace user so I did nothing
    Then they came for the Facebook users but I wasn't a Myspace user so I did nothing
    Then they came for the Twitter users but I wasn't a Myspace user so I did nothing

    Sometime's it's best to turn a blind eye...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment